The Bicuum by Bachiller is a double cone vacuum dryer with rotary drum, suitable for ultra-vacuum drying of all types of moist, crystalline and amorphous thermo-sensitive products.
The Bicuum double cone vacuum dryer consists of a fully heated and insulated drum, which rotates at low speeds while being subjected to a strong vacuum, which continuously renews the product in contact with the hot walls.
- Mechanical simplicity, low maintenance required.
- Full tightness.
- Very low weight of product – power consumption ratio.
- Easy to clean and inspect.
- Repetitive, reproducible and easy to scale processes.
- Batch drying under ultra vacuum.
- Vacuum level below 1 mbar.
- Atmospheric operating pressure.
- Operation temperatures up to 200º C.
- Design according to ASME VIII div.1 – AD-2000 – EN-13445.
- Sanitary design cGMP, FDA validated.
- Internally mirror polished Ra ≤ 0.6 µm (Grit 360).
- Externally polished in matte or mirror.
- ‘CE’ stamping according to Safety for Machinery Directive 2006/42/CE.
- Internally electro polished Ra ≤ 0.2 µm.
- Dust Filter in vacuum intake.
- Choppers for breaking lumps.
- CIP/SIP systems, validated through Riboflavin test.
- Sampling valve.
- Sterile execution on demand.
- Easy to segregate into a clean room / service room.
- Automatic loading and unloading systems as an option.
- Condensation, vacuum and heating systems.
- Hardware and software control.
- Pilot plant models available.
- ATEX execution on demand.
- ATEX 20/0 inner side, with official certificate.
FINE CHEMICAL and PHARMACEUTICAL: Antibiotics, API’s, Aroma, Biotechnology, Caffeine, Colorants, Cosmetics, Crystals, Deontological resins, Diet food, Food additives, Peptides, Pharmaceutical excipients, Pharmacy Synthesis, Preservatives, Saccharine, Sweeteners, Tables (drying), Vitamins..
CHEMICAL: Catalysts, Colorants, Metallic powders, Pellets, Plastics and pellets, Polymers.
FOOD: Additives, Flavors and aromas, Lyophilized, Vitamin complements.